Menu
Entertainment

All The Virtual Fun To Be Had In Quarantine!

I’m entering week 5 of quarantine and Italy’s lockdown has already been extended to the 18th. I am not the most social person, but 5 weeks of not having left my house – it’s wearing on even me. I’ve been staying busy though, writing, reading working, and touring the world via my computer. Anyway, since my friends in the States are only two weeks or so into their own quarantine, I wanted to put together a list of resources I’ve enjoyed. Some can be done solo, some help you connect with friends, and some are for the whole family to enjoy. Have fun and stay home!

Museums

Professional And College Classes

Theatre And Music

TV And Movies

Games And Websites

Socializing

Bored People At Home

That ought to help keep you occupied for a good long time! Some things, like the animal live cams, are great for checking back in because you’ll see different things each time, while others are a one-off. Have fun and stay safe!

Edit: This post was featured on Traffic Jam Weekend Link Party!

Being A Wordsmith

16 Comments

• Jenn
    April 3, 2020 at 5:02 pm

These are some great suggestions! I made a similar list for my moms blog and I love how many companies, attractions and people are making these things available for us to enjoy.

Thank you for sharing.

• admin
      April 4, 2020 at 2:57 pm

I’ll check out your list! I do love how many resources have become available – it’s inspiring to see all these companies and such banding together during this. Reminds me of NYC after 9/11.

• Farrah
    April 3, 2020 at 5:28 pm

5 weeks is definitely rough–I think we’re on day…16-18(? I’m honestly not sure anymore), but definitely wouldn’t mind suggestions on things to do when I’m not working! Thanks so much for putting this list together!

• admin
      April 4, 2020 at 2:53 pm

I’ve been making sure I do one social thing a day (contact a family member or friend), one fun thing, one work thing, one blog thing, and one learning thing a day. That’s helped me not turn into a puddle of goo in front of the tv. We’ve got probably at least another month here, so I’ve had to figure out how to do this for the long haul! Good luck and stay positive. And check back in – I’ll be sharing other tips and resources for getting through this!

• Laurie
    April 3, 2020 at 7:21 pm

Wow! What a treasure trove of goodies! Thank you so much for all the wonderful resources. This should keep me busy for a while. Excellent!

• admin
      April 4, 2020 at 2:50 pm

Have fun! If you have VR goggles, the destinations and theme park rides are even better!

• Donna @ Modern on Monticello
    April 7, 2020 at 1:59 pm

Great list and a good time to share it. I think the zoos would be fun just to see what the animals are doing all day. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

• admin
      April 7, 2020 at 3:32 pm

They’re so fun. I was watching a panda cam yesterday and a baby panda just…rolled right off a platform (he was fine!).

• Antionette Blake
    April 8, 2020 at 2:54 am

Thanks: stay safe and healthy. #TrafficJamWeekend

• Shelbee on the Edge
    April 9, 2020 at 6:26 pm

What a fabulous list of resources! Thanks so much for taking the time to put this all together in one place. And thanks for linking up!

Shelbee

• admin
      April 9, 2020 at 6:28 pm

My pleasure – I keep getting trapped in the rabbit hole of just finding out what’s out there!

• […] love latin dancing and it is a great way to exercise and have fun.”     Deja chose All The Virtual Fun To Be Had In Quarantine! from Midsummer Life Dream. “I’m a busy body who loves to explore, so I love this little […]

• […] chose All The Virtual Fun To Be Had In Quarantine! from Midsummer Life Dream. “I’m a busy body who loves to explore, so I love this little […]

• TRAFFIC JAM WEEKEND Link Party 229
    April 10, 2020 at 9:53 pm

• Busy Monday 412 | | A Pinch of Joy
    April 12, 2020 at 8:31 pm

[…] Ann’s Entitled Life – Best Places to Buy Gardening Seeds  Midsummer Life Dream – All the Virtual Fun to Be Had    Grab a Featured button by clicking on the gray button. You won’t see the code, but the […]

• Stephanie 139a
    April 13, 2020 at 4:43 pm

Ah, I love a good list – and this is a good list! I wonder if when life returns to normal we’ll still make time for these virtual tours. Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

• admin
      April 13, 2020 at 5:55 pm

I hope so – it’s a great way to “travel” or have a new experience, even when money is tight or life is too busy.

• Shenzy
    April 13, 2020 at 7:47 pm

I love this 🥰🥰❤ Thanks for sharing 💯

• Lauren
    April 22, 2020 at 5:48 pm

What a great list of things to keep you busy during this lockdown time! I am definitely finding more time for other things during this time. Thank you for sharing!

• admin
      April 22, 2020 at 8:10 pm

I think staying busy can help everyone deal with the upheaval a little better! Plus, it’s fun to get to see some of this stuff, even if it is virtually. I’ve been having a blast watching people get creative at home, recreating DisneyWorld or whatever!